Founded in 1953 with the aim of creating a production of abrasive products, it has always remained faithful to its original vision of developing and perfecting day-after-day, a line of quality products to meet the most diverse needs of the industry and craftsmanship, with constant focus to the advancement and on the evolution of new production technologies and an improvement of its organizational structure to offer an increasingly qualified and timely service.
The production is carried out in a modern factory on an area of approximately 194,000 square feet and includes a wide range of flexible abrasives with supports of fabric, paper and vulcanized fiber, as well as a line of resinous reinforced resin wheels.
TAF abrasives are strictly controlled to allow their use in maximum safety and are mainly intended for metalworking, but they are also widely used in the fields of glass, wood, plastics, marble and leather.
Thanks to an efficient and widespread sales network, TAF Abrasivi is able to offer its customers in Italy and in the world a technical/commercial consultancy service to identify, distribute and use the most suitable products for individual needs.
The end of World War II had aroused a fervor of initiatives that spread throughout the national territory and in particular in the Province of Monza e della Brianza in Italy. The most varied industrial activities were born and multiplied, highlighting the skills, the efforts and the enthusiasm of those who dedicated themselves, making their valuable contributions to the reconstruction and development of our nation.
October 23, 1953 Ing. Vincenzo Cortese establishes the company based in Milan in Via Villoresi
The production plant is moved to Monza in Via Casati while the offices are relocated to Milan in Via Zuretti
The offices are moved to Monza near the production site.
All activities are transferred to the current location of Monza in Via Beato Angelico. The first blade disc in the 165 mm diameter is launched. It was this innovative project that led to the introduction of the original flap disc, for which TAF Abrasivi was awarded a patent in 1966 (Patent 704640, dated April 22, 1966) and then forever changed the future of the abrasives industry…
An assiduous commercial export activity began, which in the following years will lead to the acquisition of important foreign customers and the diffusion of TAF Abrasivi products all over the world.
The workhorse of TAF Abrasivi, the blade disc, threaded, began to be produced in the 100 mm diameter which today is still very popular.
Starting in 1977, the sales network in Italy is further strengthened. This will soon bring the company to become a leader in the national market.
TAF Abrasivi opens a secondary unit specialized in the conversion of products.
Important changes to the system mean that the production height of the canvas is between 940 mm and 1240 mm.
The production of the Mole begins.
The production of glued laminated discs begins.
The production height of the canvas, following appropriate modifications to the production plant, is further increased up to 1420 mm.
TAF Abrasivi achieves its first ISO 9002 Certification
As evidence of the company’s growing success, the turnover exceeds 20 million euros for the first time.
TAF Abrasivi opens its first foreign branch in Spain.
TAF Abrasivi and Bullard Abrasives announce they have united to supply world-class coated and bonded abrasives to professional markets throughout North America.